Aj Left This Morning for Day 1 of the Aids Lifecycle
To set the stage, I've been sick since last Thursday. Only just getting better now.
- •My partner @AJ has finished his semester teaching, graded all his tests, turned in all his grades AND prepped for his bicycle ride down to LA.Last test given Friday. Rode off today!
- •All the while, he and also kept me hydrated, taken my temperature regularly, and ran out to get me soup numerous times.He's seriously the best. Ever. I am very lucky.
- •Today I dropped him off for the AIDS Lifecycle, a 545 mile bike ride from SF to LA.It takes a week to do the ride. He loves it. He calls it gay summer camp.
- •The opening ceremony is totally moving. We hold hands. We think of those who have past on. And we watch a riderless bike get wheeled down the aisle in symbol of all who aren't with us anymore.I nearly always breakdown when this happens. It's a combination of lack of sleep (the ceremony is at 6am) and my heart breaking when I see the bike. Usually I can keep it together though.
- •But today, for the first time, I dropped him off without going to the opening ceremonies and cheered him on as he rode off.I needed to get back to bed and rest.
- •And now I miss him terribly.The bed feels very large and empty without him.
- •Have a great ride @AJ! I'll see you in LA in a week!!!Go Riders!