Food Combinations That I Delude Myself Into Thinking "Cancel Each Other Out"
My job is in the food world, developing recipes, writing and photographing it all. I also have the worst diet ever. Don't tell anyone or it'll blow my street cred.
- •Kombucha and Krispy Kreme donutThe other breakfast of champions
- •Adding kale to my instant ramenI'm under deadline. Don't judge.
- •Chocolate chip cookies and a green smoothieNot at the same time though! I'm not a monster.
- •Tater tots and a green salad with beetsI completely blame Whole Foods for placing the salad bar next to the hot food bar where the tater tots are calling my name. Damn them.
- •Triple berry pie made with thick cut oats in the crustThe oats in the crust is a whole grain. Plus fruit! So it kind of cancels itself out right?
- •Bacon egg and cheese sandwich on whole grain breadI cure my own bacon and the egg is local, organic and free range. Actually with the whole paleo movement I think the bread might be the bad guy here. I'm so confused.