How I Think I Once Made the Actor Danny Strong's Day Purely by Accident.
Danny Strong is a character actor most known for his role as Jonathan in Buffy the Vampire Slayer and Doyle in Gilmore Girls. He's also written a number of screenplays and is the co-creator of Empire.
- •The year was 2003 and I was hanging out with friends in LA at a coffee shop.I believe it was Susina Bakery & Cafe
- •Buffy had just ended and, as often was the case with my friends, we were loudly arguing about the show and who loved it more.This is a lose-lose situation with all my friends because we are all hardcore fanatics. No single person in my group loves this show more than any other. But we still argue who is the bigger superfan.
- •I stated rather loudly my current theory about why season 6 & 7 were subpar compared to the previous seasons.FYI I do not have an indoor voice. And when I get excited, I talk even louder.
- •My theory at the time was that the character Jonathan was the true heart of the show. And once they killed him off, the show went downhill.Screw Xander. It was all about Jonathan.
- •We argue this fact back and for the for several minutes while waiting in line to get coffees. We are oblivious to everyone staring at us. We continue to argue it as we get our coffees and sit down.Still oblivious.
- •5 minutes later, Danny Strong, actor who played Jonathan, walks past us with his coffee. He had the biggest grin on his face and he looked straight at me and nods. Then leaves out the door.I am both mortified and also highly amused by this turn of events. As is everyone else in the group. Danny must have been standing two or three people behind us and we just didn't see him. He also must have heard EVERYTHING because the entire coffee shop did.
- •To this day my group of friends discuss how we must have made Danny Strong's day back then.I don't know if we did or not. Who knows. Maybe that sort of stuff happens to him all the time? But in our heads we are THRILLED that he heard us talking about him without knowing he was ever there and we tell ourselves we made his day. I hope we did. He's awesome and it's been amazing to see his career blossom. Go Jonathan!
- •Also, why isn't Danny String in ListApp? Someone make that happen.