🎲list App Game to Celebrate the New Open List Feature! Round Robin Storytelling🎲
Let's play a game! I write the start of a story then tag someone in the subtext. That person continues the story (by adding the next part as a "make a suggestion") and tags another person in the subtext. Write as much/little as you want. If you don't want to play, just suggest "..." and tag someone else. Story ends after 15 rounds.
- •She woke up startled and confused as to where she was. Looking down at her hands they were sticky dark red. Her eyes got wide, and she started to scream until she realized the unmistakeable smell of McDonald's ketchup and stale fries wafting from the crumpled greasy paper bag next to her. But that didn't explain why...
- •...there was an elderly man sitting in the back seat of her car. "I need coffee! It's the morning and I need my joe!" he bellowed at her. She looked back at him, took a deep breathe, and...Suggested by @gabimoskowitz
- •Suggested by @gabimoskowitz
- •... Checked her brand new car's state of the art GPS to find the nearest coffee spot. 'Let's just get him out of here quick,' she told herself. But the GPS system wasn't working. She looked around: where was she, anyway? The landscape seemed oddly unfamiliar.Suggested by @bjnovak
- •It was dawn. The sun blazed into her eyes as it peeped over the top of a low building in the distance. She was idling in a vast, empty, Wal-Mart parking lot. On the passenger seat was her purse and, in it: a thick envelope full of Benjamins, an unripe banana and a .22 pistol. The old man put his hands on her neck, squeezed, and said, "DRIVE."Suggested by @ChrisK
- •"My God" she said "my hands are covered in ketchup. Weren't you listening?" He looked confused. She fished a napkin from the bag and tried to wipe her hands but they were already clean. "What the hell am I talking about? Didn't the guy say ketchup?" He squeezed. She pressed the gas and pulled onto the street. What guy? Was she losing her mind or…Suggested by @gwcoffey
- •...or was her narrator completely unreliable? OK, I'd have to get myself out of this one. I grew up watching a lot of Rescue 911 with my parents, so I had the gritty street smarts to pull it off. The man's hands tightened around my neck as I clicked my seatbelt on and gunned it. As I lifted my foot to stomp on the brake and send the man flying,Suggested by @Jen
- •it occurred to me: if my narrator had been wrong (or lying) about the ketchup -- what else might not be true? I lifted my eyes to meet my assailant's in the rearview mirror and gasped.Suggested by @Jen
- •The Erin Whitehead, bringer of death, destroyed the universe and time was no more. The end.Suggested by @gwcoffey