Must Have Ice Cream Scoops in San Francisco
Did I miss any?
- •BiRite CreameryThe Salted Caramel is a standard for all salted caramel ice cream but if you want to deviate, check out Sam's Sundae. Chocolate ice cream with Bergamot Olive Oil & Sea Salt. So good. Also remember that a "single scoop" cone can have two flavors. So sample and mix and match.
- •Humphrey SlocombeKnown for their "outrageous" flavors like salt and pepper or foie gras (it's back!), their signature is Secret Breakfast, a bourbon laced ice cream with corn flakes.
- •Mr. & Mrs. MiscellaneousKnown for their cocktail inspired scoops. Flavors change daily but if they have it, try the Pink Squirrel, a delightful scoop inspired by the 1960s cocktail of Creme de Cacao and Creme de Noyaux (an almond like liqueur" made from inside nut of summer stone fruit like cherries, peaches and apricots).
- •Smitten Ice CreamChurned the minute you order it with Liquid Nitrogen. Get the Tcho chocolate or whatever season flavor they have.
- •Three TwinsYou can buy them by the carton at Whole Foods but there's something to be said about a scoop shop. They finally reopened their SF shop. Get the Lemon Cookie.
- •Mitchell'sThe grand daddy of SF ice cream shops, the variety is big (40 flavors). I'm partial to their "Asian" flavors like lychee or macapuno (young coconut) but sample and decide on you own.