My Annual Chocolate Purge!
Once a year, I go through all the chocolate I get and toss the expired and gross flavors. I probably should give some of it away but I'm too unorganized to do that and most of it is gross or in tiny sample bits not worth passing on. Here's some of the chocolate that ended up in the compost bin.
- •A ton of tea infused chocolateI recently tossed a bunch of weird chocolate infused tea bags. Now I'm tossing the chocolate by the same company. Rooibos raspberry chocolate sounds like a good idea but I'm more of a purist when it comes to chocolate. And though some were decent (Earl grey) I just knew I would eat most of it.
- •Pink peppecornThis was good but I just didn't finish it and it actually had an expiration date from two years ago. Not sure how I skipped it in last year's purge.
- •Turmeric and Coriander ChocolateYou are trying too hard.
- •GingerReally good. Too old.
- •RaspberryI'm actually not a huge raspberry chocolate fan. But this was decent. But again past expiration.
- •GingerbreadClearly from last year. Expired.
- •Spiked eggnog in stone ground chocolate.I'm not a huge fan of stone ground chocolate but I can appreciate it when I'm in the mood for a slightly gritty chocolate. However gritty eggnog was too much. Also from last year.
- •SpicyStone ground and pasty as well. But made from a really cool company that employed the locals to make the chocolate and packaging.
- •Dark chocolate and cocoa nibsReally good. Really old.
- •Coconut & macadamia milk chocolateYeah, not working for me.
- •Pina colada white chocolateI'm not a white chocolate hater. But this tasted like sugary sunscreen lotion.
- •These are the wrappers
- •And the chocolate. I feel guilty about wasting it all. Please don't tell my mom.