Things That Help ME Survive This Cold/flu Bug I Have
Fever of 103°F. Chills and sweats. Hacking cough w/a bruised ribcage. Stuffed sinuses & throbbing headache. Being sick is no fun.
- •DayQuil/NyquilIt only dropped my fever down to 101°F but I don't care. Those two degrees are the difference between being curled up in a fetal position shivering with 12 blankets on me to just lying around listless with the one regular blanket. Vast improvement if you ask me.
- •BiRite Market's Matzoh Ball SoupIt's not the best matzoh ball soup in the world but it will do and it's totally convenient because it's a block away.
- •Puffs Plus LotionMy nose would be rubbed raw if it wasn't for the lotion Puffs. Whoever came up with it is genius. I prefer it over Kleenex but that will do in a pinch.
- •WaterLike LOTS of water. I've been drinking this stuff like it's...well like it's water I guess.
- •Plastic bendy strawsThe fact that I can drink without having to lift my head off my pillow is 💯!
- •My McRoskey bedA ridiculously expensive bed made here in San Francisco. Yes I know how much of a cliche it is to own a handcrafted artisan locally made bed. I don't care. Worth every penny.
- •Sufjan Stevens Carrie & LowellSo good. I'm in love with the heartache.
- •ListAppEntertain me with lists as I lie here on what feels like my deathbed! (Yes, I know I'm being dramatic, it's the fever talking.) Thank you everyone.
- •My loving partnerThe love of my life. He's also the one who gave me the cold. I shake my fist at you/hug you for taking care of me! Well, I'll hug you when my ribcage heals a little bit. For now air kisses will have to do.