Today I learned... (What did you learn today?)
- •The concept "Uncanny Valley"When a robot (or animation or prosthetic) is made more and more human-like observer's emotional response to the robot becomes increasingly positive and empathetic. UNTIL there is a point where the appearance looks and moves almost but not quite like human and the response moves quickly to strong revulsion. However as the robot's appearance continues to become less distinguishable from a human, emotional response becomes positive again. The dip in emotion is called the "Uncanny Valley".
- •I learned that the tenant farmer rebellion in upper NY State in the early 1800's led to the formation of the Republican Party and the resultant election of Abraham Lincoln.Suggested by @fats
- •There's a fine line between an avocado that is toast-worthy and one with sad brown spots.Suggested by @dball
- •How to cook Tom Yum soupSuggested by @angusisley
- •I can watch the sunrise from my roof if I get up early enough/ need to break into my own apartment via the fire escape at 5:45AMSuggested by @originalamericantrt