Words That Sound Like They Should Have a Direct Antonym but Don't Really.
Otherwise known as "unpaired words" — please add suggestions with sample sentences!
- •Discombombulate"After a good night's rest, I felt so combombulated!"
- •Disgruntled"I've never met such a pleasant and gruntled store clerk!"
- •Innocent"The nocent Mr. Grey looked astonished when he found out Ana was a virgin." Now that I think of it, "nocent" might actually be a word just infrequently used? Not sure.
- •Ruthless"She was the epitome of a ruthful employee, so timid and shy that her coworkers took advantage of her over and over."
- •InertThe ert chemical compound was so volatile that they immediately evacuated the building.
- •DistrictSuggested by @ChrisK