DUMB SHIT I'VE THOUGHT SINCE MY BREAKUP LAST WEEK
I ended a relationship last weekend and I've second-guessed it all week long. Here are the stupidest things I've thought since then.
- •The Warriors are losing because of me.My favorite basketball team, the Golden State Warriors, played very poorly in the two games of the NBA Finals following my break up. I felt like it was payback for hurting her.
- •I got doored while riding my bike because karma is real.I did something that hurt someone else, so the universe hurt me back. Also, it started raining on me right afterward.
- •I'm the biggest asshole in the world.There have to jerks worse than me out there. But it doesn't feel like it at the moment.
- •I should "Like" her photos.
- •I shouldn't "Like" her photos.
- •I should text her.
- •I should show up at her apartment with a huge romantic gesture and apologize forever.My natural reaction to guilt is to try and resolve it immediately in the most dramatic way possible.
- •I was very wrong.I just don't know, man...
- •I miss her.This isn't really stupid. But it feels stupid because I'm the one who ended it.
- •I'm not allowed to be upset.I've only publicly mentioned this event on List App because it's the smallest public audience I have. Otherwise, I'd feel like I'm whining. And I'm not allowed to whine about something I've done to myself. Right?
- •I should start dating someone else immediately.Genuinely bad idea.