SHOULD I RUN A HALF-MARATHON?
Seriously! Tell me what to do ListAppers!
- •I grew up in a world where a girl sweating was pretty much a sin.But that's okay. I much preferred reading.
- •I ran two miles in junior high.I really wanted to play tennis on a real court instead of in the gym. But you had to run a mile to the real tennis court. And run a mile back.
- •I didn't run again until I decided to do a Turkey Trot about fifteen years later.My goal was to finish it without walking. I did. But slowest 5k ever.
- •I took a six week running class to learn how to run that 5k.I got great Italian restaurant recommendations out of that group.
- •I had really bad shin splits, so I didn't run for another ten years.They were so bad the doctor thought they might be stress fractures. He also told me I might not be "genetically built" for running. Permission not to run? I'll take it!
- •Then I ran 100 miles in 100 days to raise money for Burmese refugees.And it went great! By the end I was running a 5k pretty easily.
- •I read Born to Run. And started minimal running.But I don't wear those toe shoes. They creep me out.
- •I've been running pretty consistently this year.I run a 5k a few times a week. And two mile runs if I'm short on time.
- •My husband has run a few half-marathons and enjoyed them.And could run one tomorrow with no training. Sometimes he's the worst.
- •So. Should I run a half-marathon?