thoughts on watching Dr. No (first Bond film) for the first time
- •Wow I didn't expect Sean Connery to be this hot
- •Disappointed that Dr. No a Chinese villain is played by a white man. You could save the time and makeup casting an actual Chinese actor.
- •The famous bikini Bond girl Honey Ryder turned out to be a pointless character imo
- •Bond basically took this lady out of the beach into straight danger for no reason. Because at the end he needs to safe her again. She ends up being a burden tbh.
- •Disappointed to know that Quarrel was scripted (sort of) as an assistant to Bond when in the actual book they have a meaningful relationship as best friends and Bond morns when he losses him.
- •There are not a lot of action scenes. Fewer than expected.
- •To be a movie from the 60s the special effects are really good. It doesn't look as fake as you would expect from a film this old.
- •Besides all the let downs. It's a good movie. 6.8/10
- •Fun fact: James Bond's last film SPECTRE (Daniel Craig) where SPECTRE is an international terrorist organization actually exists in the first film. Dr. No is part of this organization.