Worst Backhanded Compliments I've Received
Because some people...
- •You are beautiful! But you'll be more beautiful if you lose weight.I've been hearing this since I was 5 years old.
- •You *were* so pretty!!!I gained weight and I guess now I'm a monster to these people?
- •I like your hair, but you looked so much better with long hair. I rather that way. Why don't you let it grow?I rather if you shut up.
- •"You're hair looks so much prettier straightened, I like it way better"🙅🏼I happen to love my curly hair, I don't care what people say about it, but like whoa, rude.Suggested by @ameliaseptember
- •"She knows a lot more than she lets on."Sooo I seem kinda stupid? I think they meant I'm good at keeping secrets and don't let on that I know things I'm not supposed to.Suggested by @jhope71
- •You're so educated you must be smart. Why can't you get a job?Suggested by @solitarygigi
- •"you're cute but if you were tall you'd be ugly".......thnx?Suggested by @catharuin
- •I had a patient chatting with me about Easter and what my plans were, I said, "my kids are grown now and I'm not really religious, so, no plans"..he (obviously, without thinking, I'm going to assume!) says, "but you're so nice!" Um, thank you?😂Suggested by @cvlop61
- •You look so pretty, if you wore makeup like this every day you'd get a boyfriend.Because my sole aim in life is to get a boyfriendSuggested by @estherlimtf
- •"You've gotten so big!"She was very clearly talking about how I was an adult and not the middle schooler she last saw me as. But there's definitely a better way to phrase that. Especially since she said it while I was eating a burrito.Suggested by @JustineNicole