Favorite Comedy Movies
Inspired by @bjnovak. Since you already listed some giants, I'm not including: Naked Gun, Wayne's World, and Ferris Buellers Day Off. I'm too skittish to rank or claim this is definitive- these are just some that have had a big impact on me through the years.
- •CaddyshackBecause I saw this when I was young, too young, and with my older cousins who were cool in all things. Also, Rodney Dangerfield.
- •Airplane!A nod to the classics
- •MovingBecause I grew up in a military family that moved every three years. One of our coping strategies was to pull this out and re-watch each time. We still quote it over 20 years later. And because there has to be a Pryor movie on the list! Great Dana Carvey performance as well, among many others.
- •Monty Python and......any of their movies. The triumvirate in junior high was Holy Grail, Life of Brian, and Meaning of Life.
- •Trains, Planes and AutomobilesClassic road trip gone wrong. Another traveling themed one. Also seen while young and impressionable. Also Steve Martin. Also John Candy.
- •ClerksHit me like a ton of bricks and opened my eyes in terms of what movies could be like. Don't always love Kevin Smith, but when he gets it right it's great.
- •Groundhog DayProfound and profoundly funny. Compelling in so many ways. Also Bill Murray.
- •Bottle RocketMy first Wes Anderson. Had no idea what to expect. Saw it alone at a campus theater after I found they were showing movies with cheap tickets and even cheaper popcorn. Don't always love Wes Anderson: other faves include Life Aquatic and Darjeeling Limited.
- •I ❤️ HuckabeesI ❤️ this movie. Tried to explain it to a friend recently, very difficult. I love the philosophical elements; Mark Wahlberg in his best role ever; and Dustin Hoffman, of course!
- •Cedar RapidsCan't go wrong with Ed Helms. Another travel themed one I guess. Hilarious to me, and one that I enjoy re-watching when I can. I just love the journey!
- •REAL LIFE - Albert Brooks' first feature. Brooks plays a documentarian who gets too involved with the family he's documenting. Satirized reality TV about 20 years ahead of time.Suggested by @roche
- •I cracked up every time I watched this as a kid. What a team!Suggested by @jest
- •Coming to AmericaSuggested by @amieshmamie
- •FletchSuggested by @HisDudeness
- •Saw this and Willow on a double feature with my dad.Suggested by @k8zinker