Nicknames of My Life (in chronological order)
When you have a name like Elizabeth, you gotta have nicknames.
- •Miss EThis was started by my parents in an effort to talk about me in front of me without me knowing. I caught on too quickly for their taste.
- •PookieSee also: Pook. My dad calls me this; not sure where it started.
- •EThis is just so much easier than all nine letters of my name.
- •Ebus/Bebus/LibusMy younger cousins when they weren't able to say my name yet.
- •LizWhen I played soccer my senior year of high school, Elizabeth became too laborious to yell across a field.
- •LizzyChildren I babysat for, also my college roommates.
- •Lizzy-BLizzy as in Eliza, B as in Beth. Only people in California call me this. It's my alter-ego left over from studying abroad.
- •HyndmanCamp nickname/also my last name. Zero points for creativity.
- •ElizaAnother camp nickname because someone's hand cramped up halfway through writing my name and we were left with a viable option for a nickname.
- •EdMy first and middle initials, also the beginning of my user name on everything. I get emails for Ed all the time. Sorry, dude.
- •EHFirst and last initials, became a thing because this is how it looks in group texts via iMessage.
- •EWe're back to this, at work mostly.
- •E-LizardThe newest nickname given to me by a coworker who has a nickname for everyone he likes. It's considered an honor and a rite of passage.
- •.Never Beth. I don't hate the name, but I'll always assume you're talking to someone else.