Mix CD I Would Make for my Best Friend if I Had a CD Burner that Worked.
So in college, I would always make my best friend and roommate mix CDs that she would keep in her 3 disc stereo💿💿💿 It is a tradition that I miss since we would memorize the CDs and make up dances to them and generally just be the coolest people ever.
- •Sorry - Justin BieberThis is my fucking jam! It would be the first song so we could get amped right from the get go. Also she would laugh at me trying to do the dance moves from the video.
- •Don't Hurt Yourself - BeyoncéIt's hard to pick the best song from the new Beyoncé album, but I really love this one. Love God herself
- •Work from Home - Fifth HarmonyCatchy as hell. Also we could do lots do good dance moves to all the "works"
- •Schuyler Sisters - HamiltonI've told her how much I love Hamilton, and I think this song will hook her. Also this song ties in well with all the "works" from the song before
- •King of the World - WeezerCatchy and a lot like old school Weezer
- •History - One DirectionDon't judge me for my love of British boys with a guitar singing beautifully
- •An Everclear songDoesn't matter which one, it just has to be on here. It's not a fucking Emily CD without an Everclear song
- •Acid Tongue - Jenny LewisWe could practice the harmonies while I try to give myself bangs like Jenny Lewis
- •When We were Young - AdeleWe would start to get introspective at this point
- •Where the Night Goes - Josh RitterTears when I heard this song the first time, I love him so much
- •Offering (live) - the Avett BrothersThis song is how I subliminally convinced my husband to propose. I'm not sure if Jess has ever heard it
- •Hands of Time - Margo PriceSaw her in concert and she was awesome
- •Tennessee Whiskey - Chris StapletonAnother one we could practice our singing to
- •Freedom of the Road - Martin SextonShe would probably skip this one because I would annoy her with always trying to get the high note at the end
- •Maps - Yeah Yeah YeahsI've had a resurgence of love for this song after listening to "Hold Up" by Beyoncé
- •Ultralight Beam - Kanye WestThis song is so good
- •The Weary Kind - Ryan BinghamTime to wind things down, also this is an underrated movie
- •Cover Me Up - Jason IsbellMellow way to end things