DEADLIEST PHRASES A TV PRODUCER CAN SAY TO AN EDITOR
- •"I only have a few changes." Never trust this statement.
- •"It shouldn't take you long." How would they know, most have never edited, and I don't think they have a full understanding of time, these are the same people that hand you a script that is over 34 minutes long but the show total running time is only 21 minutes.
- •"I don't know what I want, but I don't want this." Well that narrows it down....
- •"Make it look cool, give it some energy." Huh, I wonder why it doesn't have these characteristics already, maybe because it's boring and dull.
- •"You need to be more literal with your shot selection." And if you ARE literal then: "you don't always have to be so literal with your shot selection."Suggested by @TVAddict