PRO/CON: LIVING IN LA WITHOUT A CAR
Another request from my work wife @sam -- can I get a ride home tomorrow?
- •PRO: Eco-friendly is super chic right now
- •CON: Everyone assumes you don't have a license, got a DUI, or can't afford a car
- •PRO: I can pretend to be forward thinking
- •CON: I have to use one of those old woman carts to bring my groceries home.
- •PRO: I can get aggressively drunk and not have to worry about getting home.
- •CON: Drunk bus rides are NOT fun. Avoid at all costs.
- •PRO: I get to meet lots of weird people in Uber rides.They want to chat, I want to practice my monologue about being a budding director or college professor.
- •CON: I have to listen to lots of weird people in Uber rides.I've heard about messy divorces, sick dogs and failed music careers. I. DON'T. CARE.
- •PRO: I never have to pay for parkingI laugh at all you paying $150/month for a spot or changing their entire day's plans to be sure to move their car for street cleaning.
- •CON: I feel like a 10 year old asking his mother for a ride if I need to get places quickly.
- •PRO: I literally have zero idea what gas prices are likeThis doesn't stop my mother from the Midwest from asking every time I speak to her.
- •CON: It's always super awkward to bring up on dates.There's nothing like not owning a car to bring some awkward silence during a first date. Again, everyone thinks you're a liability
- •PRO: Taking LA public transit might actually mean that other people will support LA public transit.GIVE ME A TRAIN TO WEST HOLLYWOOD BEFORE 2045, CA VOTERS!
- •CON: Public transit, while tolerable, is a nightmare what it's not on time.Oh, you don't want to wait 35 minutes longer for a bus that was supposed to get here 20 minutes ago?