Shows That Deserve Emmy Love. Right Now.
- •The Leftovers (HBO)So engrossing. So depressing. So good.
- •Fargo (FX)It won for Outstanding Miniseries. It belongs in the Outstanding Drama category. If True Detective can skirt the rules, so can Fargo. Because it's infinitely better.
- •The Americans (FX)Some of the strongest writing on TV. A clinic on how to write smart badassery (it's a word). Deserves more than a throwaway Guest Appearance nom for Margo Martindale.
- •Mr. Robot (USA)Where the hell did this come from?! What a coup for USA. Season 1 was a strange, disorienting masterpiece. Take heed, Emmy voters.
- •Rectify (Sundance)Slow as shit by contemporary TV standards. But an incredibly fascinating character study, nonetheless. Plus, Abigail Spencer. 😍
- •You're the Worst (FXX)Hilarious, but not just a comedy. YTW boasts actors and writers that can hold their own with any drama. Its sophomore season has been great TV. Watch it if you like such things.
- •Master of None (Netflix)Aziz Ansari's new series is equal parts unique, honest, and brilliant. It cares not for your preconceptions about comedies and thankfully, it shows. It's brand damn new, so hopefully it gets award season recognition later on.
- •Broad City (Comedy Central)Pegging. 'Nuff said.
- •Breaking Bad (AMC)Because I miss you. Bitch!