HOW TO LIVE: SOME ADVICE
these are all from Matt Haig's book how to stay alive (very recommended). At the end he lists 40 pieces of advice that have helped him. Here are nine from his list that have helped me the most.
- •There is absolutely nothing about the past you can change. That's basic physics
- •Don't feel guilty about being idle. More harm is probably done to the world through work than idleness. But perfect your idleness
- •Wherever you are at any moment, try and find something beautiful.
- •Always be aware of what you are doing, and why you are doing it
- •There is nothing good or bad, but thinking makes it soThis one is straight out of hamlet, I'm pretty sure #yayhamlet
- •If someone loves you, let them
- •You are in the world and the world is in you. Everything connects
- •If the sun is shining and you can be outside, be outside
- •Just when you feel you have no time to relax, know that this is the moment you most need to relax