MY LIFE IN TEN SONGS
Bit late to the party here, soz
- 1.St. Vincent- just the same but brand newTo quote: "I can't see the future but I know it's got big plans for me"
- 2.The mountain goats- song for Dana PlatoGot me through some tough times bro.
- 3.Courtney Barnett- pedestrian at bestEvery single lyric in this song is a nugget of pure gold.
- 4.Minutemen- maybe partying will helpTitle says it all.
- 5.London posse- how's life in LondonGot pride in my city- and everyone does always want to know how's life in London.
- 6.Queen- don't stop me nowThe anthem for this year, the best year of my life (so far, touch wood etc.) and my go to karaoke tune
- 7.Sleater Kinney- words and guitarFirst heard the album dig me out when I was 15. SK had been on hiatus for 4 years already. The first time I heard it made me so excited and feel so alive I was legit throwing myself around my bedroom. Seeing them play this live last year made me feel the same way.
- 8.Coma cinema- Caroline, please kill meMe whenever I have a crush on someone.
- 9.Marvin Gaye- Heard it through the grapevineMy all time favourite song since I was about 6 and my mum had a cassette of motown hits. Also found myself in a grapevine scenario and it took on a whole new resonance and layer of appreciation
- 10.Bandiera RossaThis Italian communist song was my lullaby as kid. What a strange family. To this day the only things I can say in Italian are "go and fuck yourself" (not in the song, everyone should be able to swear in at least five languages though) and "long live communism and freedom, revolution, revolution". All you need to make friends.