REASONS MY DAUGHTER IS SCREAMING, "DRAIN IT"
We're making pasta for lunch, and it's traumatizing my four year old.
- 1.The water is boiling.
- 2."I don't want to watch it bubble!"Followed by loud wails.
- 3.She doesn't like bubbles?I find this difficult to believe.
- 4."Don't watch the bubbles-- drain it!"
- 5.No one is allowed to watch the bubbles.Very possessive about the bubbles.
- 6.She doesn't want lunch?She'll regret not wanting lunch in about 12 minutes.
- 7.She doesn't like pasta?This is not true.
- 8.She was once a pasta noodle in a former life and is remembering the trauma of being boiled to al dente.Doubtful.
- 9.There is no reason for this wailing.Constant wailing of "drain it" followed by loud sobs.
- 10.She was up too late last night.The repercussions of staying late at a Christmas party. Day after moments of inexplicable exhaustion.