Michigan Things ✋🏼
I'm from the Chicago burbs, and moved here for college, these are some things that I've noticed
- •State prideSO much state pride?????? especially on the west side of the state??? people have Michigan sticker on their laptops or on their cars or tattooed on their body
- •beerGrand Rapids is beer city! there are so many local microbreweries and cool bars around.
- •talking about going "up north"either to the Upper Peninsula, or to the northern part of regular Michigan. very green, lots of nature.
- •pointing to places in Michigan on your handthe first time I saw this it made no sense but now I use it too,, it's so convenient
- •going to the beachesthe west coast of Michigan has some cool dunes and beaches that are good day trips - a lot of them have cute lil touristy towns fairly close that are fun to check out
- •going to Meijeralso called Meijer's, but idk how the s got added?? I swear this is like one of the only grocery store chains in Michigan
- •ArtPrizethis might just be a GR/west Michigan thing. it's basically a 3 week long art show throughout the downtown where you can submit work and the people vote on a winner. can be cool, can be super lame.
- •hunting season is a thingwhich is so weird to me??? I'm disgusted by people who hunt for sport tbh, why kill innocent animals for fun
- •Detroit Redwingslol k.