Already on li.st? Open in app.
as of october 19th, 2016
- •undecided voters
- •the former editor of People Magazine to go on Good Morning America & talk about said divorce, as if he's a qualified source, as if this should continue to be 'news'.
- •Jesus Walks by Kanye Westfirst, i was reliving how great the Jarhead trailer is. then I was celebrating buying nosebleed tickets to see TLOP tour. RIP October 27th.
- •See Her Out by Francis and the Lights😧😧😧😧😧😧😧
- •Two To Birkenhead by Bill Ryder-Jonesthis is the sweetest album cover i've ever seen.
inspired by @soniakharkar
- 1.DocumentariesThe average doc has way more influence over me than the average movie, that's right i'm gullible & pretentious! And yet I (generously) watch 1 doc per 50 movies. Must sees: Room 237, Weiner, Under The Great White Northern Lights, To Be & To Have, Tim's Vermeer, Vice episodes, etc.
- 2.Routine/Self CareI used to think routine was the enemy of creativity, but so is sleeping for 9 hours & eating breakfast @ noon. The goal is to be asleep by 11 & up by 5, yikes.
- 3.ReadingYou can trace all my past interests through the books i've purchased & have yet to read. I buy at least 3 more books monthly than I finish. The starting point is reading one book every two weeks, & hopefully working up to a book a week.
Or more correctly titled: Songs I've Been Listening To Since The Release of Blond(e) Aside From Blond(e). Listen to this & past weeks: https://goo.gl/x7VQtL
- •Red Right Hand by Nick Cave & The SeedsI never saw this for myself, but I started watching Peaky Blinders & I quickly became deranged with obsession.
- •Heart It Races - Dr. Dog Version by Dr. DogIncredibly I was unaware of the original version of this song & the music video that accompanies it.
- •Lovecrimes by Frank OceanAny song that samples a Kubrick film is a friend of mine.
- •Music by Barbara StreisandAlmost always in vinyl form. If your particular store doesn't have a record selection, the cd/cassette selections are certain to help carry out tradition.
- •A shot glass from Las VegasSeems redundant.
- •A Jonathan Franzen novelMost likely several copies in your choice of paperback or hardcover. Probably "The Corrections".
- •A VHS of BabeIf not, this thrift store will happily help pick up the slack.
For obvious reasons, I was unable to compile a proper weekly music roundup. Stay tuned next Sunday for a double feature. In the mean time, listen to this & past weeks: https://goo.gl/x7VQtL
- •Blond(e) by Frank OceanWhat else can I say besides thank you. This is all I've been able to listen to since Saturday & I don't see that changing anytime soon. It feels irrelevant to state favorites because they change with every listen. First listen it was Self Control. Sunday night listen it was White Ferrari into Seigfried. Current listen is Ivy. Feeling grateful.
A relatively unadventurous list because I spent most of the week watching The West Wing. Listen to this week's & last's: https://goo.gl/x7VQtL
- •Wesley's Theory by Kendrick Lamar, George Clinton, & ThundercatIf I had any control over The Grammys...
- •Lotus Flower by RadioheadCAUSE ALL I WANT IS THE MOON UPON A STICK. JUST TO SEE WHAT IF.
- •Gemini Feed by BanksPatiently waiting for September 30th.
Most nights I feel ceaselessly tortured by the presence of social media, BUT in the morning, when I crawl out of my existential crisis, these are the people I wish were suffering along with me on Instagram, Twitter, the works.
- •Zach WoodsI've learned that he tries to avoid trolls/worries about compulsive behavior in regards to his phone, but I think he'd have an incredibly hilarious & memorable Twitter.
- •Jon StewartReally I just wish The Daily Show was back, but I would settle for a casually updated Twitter account.
- •Emma StoneFor some reason I'm convinced she would have great book recommendations? Who can convince her to join li.st?
- •Black Mollies by S U R V I V ESo yes, I'm watching Stranger Things.
- •Daydream in Blue by I MonsterStill into this great Mr. Robot opener.
- •Pyramids by Frank OceanListen to this on repeat for an hour & you'll stop being concerned about this new album tease. Also, I'm thinking of Frank Underwood every time those trumpets sound.