Places I've Lived, Ranked
"The Moment" is not a place I've lived since I gave up being 17.
- 1.Noosa, Queensland, AustraliaI lived on a fucking beach in the most awesome country in the world. I would be willing to be 17 for the rest of my life if it meant I could go back (and teenagers suck).
- 2.Portland, MaineBest food town on the continent. ISLANDS nearby. Cool harbor, cool beer. Demerits for absurdly early sunsets that made me realize I was susceptible to Seasonal Affective Disorder.
- 3.Sydney, AustraliaDope Harbor Bridge. Dope Opera House. Dope trains. Dope Tim-Tams.
- 4.Ann Arbor, MichiganMy hometown is a damn fine town.
- 5.Columbia, MissouriYou're basically Ann Arbor, but without all those pesky people I know (and hotter summers).
- 6.Schenectady, New YorkPros: Cool job, cool apartment, nice trees, one really great bar. Cons: Inconvenient liquor laws, bullshit toll roads, evil ice patch of death that broke my ankle.
- 7.Georgetown, KentuckyPretty enough, or whatever.