Already on li.st? Open in app.
An important addendum to my list, https://li.st/ekp1007/reasons-i-am-wearing-earbuds-3mkiR5rhJxmNLsyAdWGFIB
- •All reasons I was wearing earbuds are still true.
- •However. There has been a new development.
- •I had a milestone birthday.
Revelations on my second viewing of Friday Night Lights. Spoilers abound. Adding as I watch.
- •Brian "Smash" Williams's MomI feel like she could help me through most of my life choices.
- •Julie Bad Choices TaylorJulie is the most disappointing person in my life, fiction or non fiction. This is baffling since Coach Eric and Tami Taylor are so wise and cool at the same time. That Italian kid from the pool?! What was that?
- •Gracie BellThis is not a cute baby. This is baffling since Coach Eric Taylor and Tami Taylor are regulation hotties.
Because I feel like I deserve an award for making it through the past 6 weeks which were particularly hellish.
- •First of all, I'd like to thank God...Obviously. This sounds like a joke, but it's not. My faith sustains me, truly. But brace yourself - the rest of this list is moderately to very shallow.
- •...I'd also like to thank Netflix for new episodes of Kimmy Schmidt.Tina Fey is a national treasure.
- •...I'd be remiss if I didn't thank podcastsFor keeping my brain from turning to jelly and also distracting me from the horsecrappery of this month. My current faves are the Popcast, 2 Dope Queens, Love and Radio, and This American Life always and forever.
I would totally read someone's list of books they've read this year. Maybe I'll add to this all year, maybe I'll forget I started this. Feel free to suggest any great books you've read recently.
- •The NightingaleIt took a minute for me to get into this one. The nice people (or algorithm) at Amazon told me I'd like it because I liked All the Light We Cannot See (best book I read in 2015). At first the writing seemed really forced - especially coming off of the beautiful lyrical prose of All the Light, but seemed to smooth out as the story developed. Plus I really love WWII fiction, so there's that. Overall a thumbs up.
- •Beyond OrdinaryThis is a book about marriage. I basically skimmed this, because I am a marriage expert. Overall I liked the format (alternates from the guy and girl perspective). It made me think while I was reading it, but I haven't really thought about it sense. This would be a good first year of marriage read. I did appreciate the Christian perspective and the Davis's honesty about their struggles and victories.
- •RoomMy mom told me to read this years ago, so of course I ignored her until Hollywood pressured me to read the source material before the movie came out. I thought this was really beautifully written and surprisingly nuanced. It's written from the perspective of a 5 year old, but never felt forced -- the opposite, actually. Such a dark subject (kidnapping, yikes) written from such an honest, curious perspective. I laughed and cried. Loved it.
I wear earbuds about 6 of 8 hours of my workday and recently got called out for it. Here are some reasons I am wearing earbuds.
- •I edit videos.Me attempting to cut the perfect audio in/out is super annoying to anyone else. I am so nice!
- •Loud snapchat videos.Your baby saying quinoa, your dog saying "mama"... It's better if my coworkers think I'm tweeting for work.
- •I don't want to talk to you.Or anyone. Earbuds make me look unavailable. Earbuds = an introverts enabler. (Maybe the #1 reason)