ART MUSEUM BATHROOMS IN NYC, RANKED
Women's bathrooms only, sorry dudes. Suggestions are welcome!
- 1.The Frick CollectionThis is not a bathroom, this is a *POWDER ROOM* it is classy and you know it because it is *carpeted* and has floor to ceiling mirrors. Bury me here.
- 2.The Rubin MuseumThe Rubin is in the old Barney's building in Chelsea and the women's bathroom is at the bottom of the custom oval-stairs. The oval room retains some of the department store vibe and feels fancy!
- 3.The New MuseumThe tiles are pretty!
- 4.The New WhitneyThey're new so they haven't been ruined yet
- 5.MoMA PS1The ones on the second floor have a nice view of the courtyard, and possibly my expectations are lowered because the building formerly housed a grade school
- 6.The GuggenheimThese are not great and weirdly situated (Frank Lloyd wright was not concerned with the bathrooms apparently) HOWEVER there is one on every floor and they are single occupancy so there's rarely a wait and once you're in that baby is all yours
- 7.MoMaExtremely standard but given the high traffic, these are surprisingly well maintained.
- 8.Brooklyn Museum and Queens Museum, tiedJust institutional and disappointing
- 9.The Met, Egyptian wingArguably one of the worst bathrooms in NYC, period, continually frequented because they are the closest restrooms to the Great Hall. WORSE THAN LAGUARDIA!!!