Dieter Rams + Principles for Good Design
Dieter Rams was the man. The man with a design plan. These are his 10 Principles for Good Design that he came up with in the 1970s and they still ring true:
- 1.Good design is innovative.
- 2.Good design makes a product useful.
- 3.Good design is aesthetic.
- 4.Good design makes a product understandable.
- 5.Good design is unobtrusive.
- 6.Good design is honest.
- 7.Good design is long-lasting.
- 8.Good design is thorough down to the last detail.
- 9.Good design is environment-friendly.
- 10.Good design is as little design as possible.