Some of the More Bizarre Things I Was Pitched at Tech Crunch
Not so much bizarre, mostly just weird or random.
- •An app that generates unlimited phone numbers for your phone so you can give out different numbers to different people.Seems sketch and a big headache. Unlimited numbers. That's crazy!
- •A dog parker - a secure box to leave your dog in outside while you run into a business that doesn't allow dogs.It's a climate-controlled doghouse. You get a membership card and swipe it and you pay based on how long you leave your dog in there. There are 5 in Brooklyn and about 100 more coming.
- •A video and chat platform that lets you video with random people so they can work on projects with you. Like crowdsourcing help from strangers over video chat.
- •3D printing chat bots for apps like FB messenger, Skype, and Kik.It's lets your compare prices and have access 24/7 to all things 3D printing via the messengers. Not sure why this needs to be a thing?
- •DoorDash, which is kinda weird since they seem pretty set doing what they're doing (delivering food from restaurants) and they just recently raised well over 100 million dollars in funding.
- •An app that tells you where someone is and when they'll be arriving and leaving locations.Kinda stalker-ish
- •Subscription-based, "open-source" vitamins
- •An underwater robot that inspects everything under the seaActually pretty interesting
- •Headphones. Lots of headphones.
- •To go on a dateNo really, I got asked out. His pitch: employed, smart, "slightly nerdy but open to new things", nice guy, etc.
- •Tech conference humor
- •Adult men in tech lederhosen
- •I just enjoy this guy's face I captured as he was talking.