After a day spent with family (I made it through!), I'm watching the sunset in Greensboro and thinking about what's next. It's been a rough 7 days but there's always right now to change things.
- •Letting go enough to still be friends with an exBecause reminiscing doesn't tear you apart anymore. Plus you remember why they once mattered to you and that's more important than the past hurts.
- •Being on the other side of something that once was so utterly terrifyingBecause you took a leap.
- •Arriving to that place where you can accept and love the family you were born intoWhile simultaneously creating your family of choice. The ones that want more for you than you want for yourself. The ones that bring no baggage and familial history to the table and just love you for you.
- •Realizing that instead of just thinking you matterYou actually believe it.
- •Acknowledging the little thingsAnd not staying caught up in the things that are out of our control. It's the small stuff to remember. The sunsets. The talks you have with someone when you never look at your watch. Smiling at someone.
- •Not feeling like you need to hold judgement on someone else's life and decisionsRealizing you don't have to have an opinion about everything else is liberating.
- •Realizing you don't have to be so hard on yourselfKnowing you're doing the best you can in those circumstances is enough. Perfection doesn't exist.
- •Letting someone be there for youThat place where you can let your guard down and fall apart if you need to.