The Five Best Things in My Life Right Now
Great request, @mlb!
- •PerspectiveEven though there's been a lot of really hard stuff going on over the last year, and especially the last couple of months, I always manage to reel it back in to focus on the good stuff and how lucky I am. I give myself time to be sad and then pull it back. Reminders like this request (thanks @mlb!) and going to recent funerals are great reminders not to dwell.
- •My careersI'm incredibly lucky that I get to work in two fields that I love the most - Music and design. Both of which take me around the world. (Really hoping this granuloma on my vocal cord does my F with that.)
- •Work peopleI'm really lucky that I get to work with some of the most talented and creative people in the world, many of whom I have deep admiration and respect for.
- •This. Is. Really. Hard. When you have a lot going on in life. It's a good challenge though.
- •FriendsI have some really incredible friends, near and far. Yes, I have a really hard time sharing my hard times with them (that's my issue), but I know they're there.
- •WritingI'm super grateful that something like writing has afforded me my life since I was a teenager. I'm certainly not the best writer (BY ANY MEANS), but I love having it as a part of my professional and personal life, and it's led me to many incredible people along the way.
- •Didn't realize how challenging this was going to be, but I need it.