These Things Relax Me
- •Playing paradiddles on a drum padAn exercise in focus and concentration that becomes quite meditative and relaxing.
- •Bending forward and letting my upper body freely hangIt releases the tension in the spine.
- •4-4-4 breathingInhale for 4 counts, hold it in for 4 counts, then exhale for 4 counts. Repeat as needed.
- •Writing stream of consciouslyI put pen to paper and just write without thinking about it.
- •Listening to a song and focusing on its partsI focus on one instrument at a time or just the vocals.
- •MeditateThe obvious. I do TM but you can find tons of apps to walk you through many types.
- •Listening to a ticking watchSlightly hypnotic and completely relaxing.
- •DrawingTaking a pen or pencil to blank paper and just drawing whatever without lifting the pen.
- •Inhaling R.C. OilIt technically stands for Respiratory Care but I use it daily. I either dab it around my nose or put it in the palm of my hands and breathe deeply. It contains eucalyptus (3 types), peppermint, lavender, Cyprus, and spruce. Heaven in a bottle.