What Happens When I Don't Answer My Mom's Phone Calls
FYI: "Reasons for Therapy" is my parents' home number and there's "P.I." after my mom's name because we all say she missed her career calling. She's slightly investigative by nature.
- •First call - Voicemail"Hey, just calling to see how you were. Call me when you can."
- •1st text messageIs everything okay??
- •Second call - Voicemail"Uh, hi, just wondering where you are. I haven't heard from you."
- •2nd text messageWhere are you??!!!
- •3rd text messageAre you ok?!
- •Missed FaceTime call
- •4th text messageARE YOU ALIVE?!?
- •Third call - Voicemail"What is going on?! Where are you?! I'm really starting to worry."
- •5th text messageOk, I'm really starting to get concerned. Why aren't you responding? Are you dead?
- •6th text messageI'm putting on my coat to come down there.
- •Third call - no voicemail
- •7th text messageOn my way there if you don't call soon
- •8th text messageI'm going to call the fire department.
- •Wake up, look at my phone and see the meltdown that slowly occurred over a 1 hour span of time. Can I not even take a short nap?!
- •Call my mom and get a rundown of her psychotic thought process of not hearing from me.
- •Make a mental note to call my therapist on Monday.