I couldn't summarize 2015 right out of the gate cause some of it was still happening into 2016. Now, I feel more inclined to share.
- •Did my first ever national tour.As part of a music festival I went to every year as a teen. As a professional and personal milestone, this was huge. Doing stand-up in a less than ideal environment during the day and going to any club/alt shows at night, if that town had them, made me feel bulletproof anytime I got on a regular comedy stage for quite a while. Also, tour buses > flying.
- •Genre movies are at their best, awards season films are at their worst.So many good genre films this year: The Hateful Eight, Mission: Impossible, Creed, Mad Max, Inside Out. On the other hand, movies that were expected to be more critical darlings weren't (see: The Danish Girl). This is a generalization, as both sides have bad apples. But still, it's refreshing to see the change.
- •Fell in love again and got my heart broken again.(To be clear, with the same person) It's weird to learn which parts of being alone I can jump back into comfortably and which parts are straight up brutal and is gonna take time to adjust. Luckily, I have great friends. And my ambition. And my sweet tooth. Speaking of, off to Yogurtland!
- •Signed one NDA and took a verbal vow of silence on another project.I can't wait to talk about them in 2016!!!
- •Spent only about a little more than half the year in L.A.Totaled about 4 months on the road! Los Angeles is still a city I love. But also, I love what I do.
- •It's weird, to assign so much value to a year. I never think of it as a great year or a bad year. Really great things happened and some bad things happened too. I guess that means I'm doing it right?