Breaking Down Suicide Squad's on the Nose Soundtrack
The worst part of a pretty bad movie. They use very on the nose songs to introduce characters or situations.
- •House of the Rising Sun - The AnimalsCause this squad has done some bas shit and they're in prison/misery aka House of the Rising Sun
- •You Don't Own Me - Lesley GoreWe meet Harley Quinn, who is devoted to Joker, but is also totally independent and plays by her own ruled. No one owns her. (This is also classic misogyny written by a dude thinking it's feminist)
- •Sympathy for the Devil - Rolling StonesWe meet Amanda Waller, the operative that plays dirty and at her core, is more evil than the squad. She's a lil' devil!
- •Superfreak - Rick JamesWe get a second intro to Harley and this song is letting you know that this girl is a superfreak. Down to clown, if you will ;)
- •Black Skinhead - Kanye WestWhile Will Smith tries out a bunch of different guns and whattya know?! He's black and bald!
- •Seven Nation Army - White StripesThis squad is practically an army, they are just that strong of a unit.
- •Without Me - EminemGuess whose back? Back again? These kooky criminals, as they dress back up in their criminal attire. It felt so empty, without them.
- •Heathens - TwentyonePilotsThis ragtag bunch, they are heathens.
- •Dirty Deeds Done Dirt Cheap - AC/DCPaying a group of misfit prisoners to do a dirty job that the government can't do themselves by chopping off a few years from their sentences? Well that's a dirty deed done dirt cheap!
- •Come Baby Come - K7Harley is on an elevator kicking bad guy butt en route to her baby, who is like "come!"
- •Bohemian Rhapsody - Queen (spoilers, I guess?)After a job well done, the squad gets 10 years taken off their sentences with some in-house perks. Still, they sit sadly in their cells, waiting for a better tomorrow.