COUNTER ARGUMENTS TO COMPLAINTS PEOPLE MAKE ABOUT LOS ANGELES
- •People being phony or all businessThis true of any major city. New York has Wall Street, D.C. has politics, etc. If your city has a competitive industry, there's gonna be some phony networkers. There's as much humanity as there is trash in most towns. It's a byproduct of capitalism.
- •TrafficIf you look at the top 10 cities with the most traffic, those cities suck just as bad, it's just slightly more concentrated. But the difference is minimal Atlanta has some of the worst traffic that is less predictable than LA. And if you live in Chi or NY and prefer the petrie dish known as the Subway, then do you.
- •Everything is too disconnectedGoing to Santa Monica from West Hollywood is a journey, but if I have a reason to go there, it's worth it. If you live in a small town, you're disconnected and have a long drive anyway. What's the benefit, getting highway miles on your car?
- •Health fadsIt's kinda great people keep looking for healthy alternatives. People make fun of this as if the rest of the country is on a diet that works.
- •I've performed all over the country and there are great cities with flaws. LA is no better or worse. It's just an easy target. My point is, if you don't like it, who cares? Bye Felicia!
- •P.S. It's still valid to complain about these things. I get it, traffic sucks. But it's like, snooze to the haters.