FAREWELL HEAVY MIDNITES
I missed the farewell to Phil Blankenship's amazing run at Cinefamily! I have been attending his midnights since the New Bev days. Here are some highlights from them! I am leaving out A LOT!
- •Phil BlankenshipWe've only exchanged a few sentences in my 7+ years of rep cinema attendance, because I mostly keep to myself at New Bev and Cinefamily. That said, Phil is a super sweet guy (a close friend talks to him a lot) and his programming and dedication to finding prints of awesome films is amazing. And he has the most crucial kind of love for this thing: sincerity. He loves it all, there's no time for irony!
- •ProgrammingListed below are some highlights from years of attending!
- •Road HouseHe programmed it at New Bev in 2009 and Cinefamily in 2012 and both times - to see it with a crowd - is really the only way such a gem should be seen!
- •Dolph Lungeren MarathonI missed Red Scorpion and Universal Soldier, but watch Rocky IV w/a sold out audience, Dolph as The Punisher, and I Come in Peace. Each one better than the previous one, in terms of seeing it w/an audience!
- •The WraithFirst midnight I attended at New Bev! Sci-Fi revenge flick: Charlie Sheen is killed by a gang and returns as a Wraith and kills 'em all with a car that would make Knight Rider quake in its tires.
- •Heavenly Bodies
- •Slumber Party Massacre
- •Sorority House Massacre
- •After Hours
- •The Sentinel
- •Death Promise
- •They Live
- •Cool as Ice