On Fresh Air, Jordan Peele described Get Out as a Social Thriller and I love that sub-genre! Here's some off the top of my head (since drafts are dead).
- •The Hills Have EyesNuclear family versus the literal nuclear family.
- •They Live
- •Disturbing BehaviorNot good, a lot of post production meddling, but considering this was a little less than a year before Columbine, they were onto something.
- •Stranger by the LakeThe movie Cruising could have been
- •The InvitationEven more effective in the Trump era
- •Green RoomNazi punks fuck off