Stuff You Should Consume This Week
- •9/11 Gay DadThis is so funny, Drew Michael has made one of the most hilarious clips I've seen in a few moons, and it's v short: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kiASN_TVZxU
- •American Psycho: The Musical - Original Cast RecordingDuncan Sheik wrote the music & lyrics and having never seen the play (it shut down in NYC), it's still a great soundtrack that captures the satirical aspects of the novel and movie, combining the best from each. The covers of True Faith and In the Air are short, but beautiful!
- •Homecoming KingHasan Minhaj is one of the funniest humans on the planet and he's taken his one man show, Homecoming King, on a national tour. Find it in your city and listen to him talk about on Chelsea's Netflix show or on last week's episode of You Made It Weird! The story might make you cry a little/a lot.
- •OJ: Made In AmericaI've already talked about this on here, but it's worth mentioning because it's on Hulu and it needs to be seen by as many eyeballs as possible. The fact that we got a perfect mini-series and this in one year, with very little overlap, is incredible!!
- •The Bret Easton Ellis Podcast with Moby:Moby is well spoken and addresses white privilege (esp as a male) and the rise in fame before art (music and movies) in a really interesting way. He also says all the best reasons as to why LA is so great, in a way that most people don't articulate it!