Weird Social Media Trends
Some of which I'm guilty of
- •Posting pics of polaroids.A picture of a picture. I've been guilty of it too, but it's still weird/dumb. Nostalgia in the digital age is interesting.
- •Retweeting yourself and also deleting @ replies so you have a "clean timeline" on Twitter.Guilty of the former, never of the latter.
- •The "you're welcome" revolution: posting that phrase without a thank you.It's equal parts irony and silly, but also nauseating.
- •Making an announcement that you're taking a hiatus from one of your social media communitiesSuggested by @mallofamanda
- •Posting videos/memes with the caption "who did this"—ironic given everyone's tendency to steal/repost someone's original content without crediting themSuggested by @llamaface