Stories From a Substitute Teacher
Quotes & stories from the kids.
- •"Are you a teenager?"This one is pretty common. Yes I would rather look younger than older but "adulting" would be easier if people knew I was one.
- •"You're so nice" "Yeah we never get to talk like this"This was after they had already been told REPEATEDLY to be quiet.
- •At recess, one of my kids reached in his pocket and pulled out a corn on the cob he hadn't finished at lunch.Another teacher noticed this first and made him throw it away, explaining it wasn't sanitary.
- •"Um can I open the window so we can have some fresh air?"No, you will get fresh air in a minute on our way to the bus. (And it will be a breath of fresh air for me! )
- •One child handed me a note. It read: Ms.Marks I Love You! LOLI hope they intended it to mean Lots of Love
- •"Can I take my jacket off?"There are a lot of things you need to ask permission for but taking that is not one of them.