How Many Us States Have You Been to? Annotated.
Inspired by @daydreamer Please feel free to chime in with your own opinions/ impressions about these states.
- •MassachusettsI was born and raised here, for the most part, except for a brief stint in upstate NY when I was a baby.
- •New HampshireMoved here when I was in 8th grade and absolutely hated it.
- •VermontA good respite from NH.
- •MaineMost of the paternal side of my family are Downeasters.
- •Rhode IslandGreat place to live unless you're a high school student.
- •DelawareA great aunt lived here. I have dim memories.
- •FloridaHated this place, but perhaps it's time I give it another chance. Terrible climate to have naturally curly hair.
- •IllinoisWas only here briefly on a layover.
- •MinnesotaA very progressive place. Did my Master's here. Mostly liked it except for the brutal winters, which lasted 8-9 months. Chunks of ice could still be seen floating on the lakes in June.
- •North DakotaNo real reason to go to this cultural abyss.
- •South DakotaGo, see the Badlands and the Black Hills, then leave because you saw all there is.
- •IdahoPassed through on a long drive. This state is seemingly endless. The Western part is beautiful.
- •MontanaSee above. Same applies.
- •New MexicoA train I took from San Diego to North Dakota inexplicably took a route that passed through here. Still have no idea why.
- •CaliforniaMostly loved it here. Got to be an active part of the So Cal punk scene, circa 1982-1988. Circle Jerks, GBH, Black Flag, Battalion of Saints...
- •WashingtonWas only here briefly.
- •ArizonaWent camping along the Colorado River here. Entered a "Hot Legs" contest and won $100 and a trophy. Red ants.
- •New YorkLove this whole place. My Dad lived in Chenango County for a while, which looks like a Currier and Ives print.