My Darkest Moment ⚫️
Inspired by @ListPrompts
- •I was 22 years old, depressed, unemployed, ostensibly homeless, split from the father of my child/ ex boyfriend.
- •I purchased a bunch of prescription sleeping pills from an acquaintance, slept on the couch of a casual friend, and awaited oblivion.
- •I should clarify, my two year old was with his father, not with me, when I made this attempt on my life.
- •I woke up the next day, groggy, but certainly not dead.
- •I would struggle with depression and anxiety for the next 15 or so years.
- •A rigorous practice of mindfulness meditation has completely changed my brain, I'm pleased to report. My metal state is now excellent. Meditation worked in ways that prescriptions never could.