The Time I Almost Died 💀
Inspired by @ListPrompts I had a period that nearly took me off the planet.
- •I suffer from Von Willebrands disease, a bleeding disorder.
- •In June of 2011 I had a period, like I normally do.
- •This one was heavy, which is also pretty typical for me.
- •However this one was too heavy.
- •I was hemorrhaging.
- •For days I just bled and bled.
- •By the third day, my skin was white and my lips were blue, so I called my gyno.
- •They were pretty casual about this state of affairs and told me to just come in for an office visit in a couple of days if the bleeding did not subside.
- •My husband brought me to the ER instead.
- •I had an hgh of only 5.2.
- •The attending physician said this level was not compatible with life.
- •I was given four bags of blood.
- •Later I underwent Novasure surgery so I would stop having deadly periods.
- •I subsequently switched gynecologists.