ONE CHILDHOOD MEMORY I WOULD GO BACK AND RELIVE
Thanks @BWN_7 ! I immediately thought of two memories, and shockingly (not shockingly) they're both food related
- •My sister and I had the playskool plastic kitchen set up that I'm sure a lot of you are familiar with. Fake knobs that made orange spirals turn under the burners, a teeny little sink, you get the picture.
- •My Dad is now my favorite guy in the world, but when we were little he was pretty scary. Long beard, short temper. Not very effusive or generous with hugs, but every once in a while he would surprise us.
- •I remember one Saturday morning being on the bottom bunk and seeing my dad come in holding a bunch of pans. He'd made breakfast and was putting it into our little plastic pans and pots. Scrambled eggs, bacon, and toast that we could pretend we had made on our own in our tiny fake kitchen.
- •I think it was the first time I was sure he loved us AND liked us.
- •My next one is simple and silly and doesn't make much sense.
- •Whenever my sister, Abby and I got Reese's peanut butter cups we would pretend the letters and symbols on the packaging were "controls" of some kind and that we had to cook it in the package before we could eat it. Beep Boop Boop Beep Boop....... Wait 10 seconds... Cooked to perfection.Looking back, doing this in front of my first college boyfriend may have been a misstep