WEIRD AND FUNNY THINGS THAT HAPPENED ON MY LONG JOURNEY HOME TODAY
It's been a long day... The list app has kept me sane.
- •My Lyft driver asked me if the music was okay immediately upon my getting in the car. The only thing playing was commercials. I said yes. (Because what else do you do in that situation?) When music finally came on he changed the station.
- •I discovered that Lyft has a "Bieber" option right now. If you select it you can get his album for half price and a $5 ride credit for your next ride.Is this the first time I've ever cared about Justin Bieber?
- •While on delay for five hours in DC (due to my flight's cancelation) a man sitting next to me had cold Lo Mein noodles, skittles, and a diet coke for breakfast. It was 7:45am.The smell is exactly as bad as you're imagining.
- •Immediately upon liftoff in DC, the little kid in the seat in front of me yelled "I can see Texas!"
- •The stately looking, probably 40+-year-old man siting next to me on my first flight ordered a vodka orange juice and then proceeded to pull out his MacBook Air. What is he doing, you might ask? Watching Pitch Perfect.He didn't crack a single smile.
- •Upon being rerouted to San Antonio mid flight due to weather the same little boy in front of me says, "I hate Antonio!"You and me both, kid.
- •The ticketing agent in Houston corrected my pronunciation of my own last name."Last name?" // "Gerrior" // "hmmm... Oh Jerrier." // 🙄 "yes"