Potential Band Names
I don't have a band. Or any musical talent whatsoever. But if I did, I would have a lot of name ideas to choose from. Here's how my friends and I came up with a few of them and what I think these bands would sound like.
- •Stuck in my LungsFrom the time my friend had a nasty wet cough for about three months straight. Teenager post-punk with nearly intolerable whiney vocals.
- •No RefundsBecause any band I would be in would probably suck and it's only fair to let the fans know up front.
- •Constant BickeringDueling electric guitars and a killer bassline.
- •KismetFavorite word meaning destiny or fate. Something classier, like with huge string bass, but like, not used in a way you'd expect.
- •Ice NineBecause Vonnegut is my hero and this would make the dopest angry/sad punk band ever.
- •A Shiny Kinda ThingI found something on the ground once. It was shiny. Bland, sugary pop.
- •Find the FaceSometimes you're just not sure where that thing gets to, you know? 90's grunge revival.
- •Flame Retardant"Try not to burn the house down, okay?" "Nah, Mom, I'm like.... flame retardant." Noise rock.
- •Drunk for BrunchOne of my favorites. The logo would have to involve Kathy Lee and Hoda. Beachy shoegaze.
- •indifferent starsFor the extra-pretentious ska bands still trying to make it out there. Nothing matters. Life's a joke.
- •Special SauceBecause a Big Mac just isn't a Big Mac without it. Experimental rap.
- •Pocket PresentsLike regular presents but 1000x creepier. I imagine at least five men with mustaches, all on acoustic guitars.
- •Baby stapler/ Blended BabiesI said these. These words escaped my mouth, in that order, for some reason. Death metal that's too inaccessible even for metalheads.
- •Soggy TartI spilled milk on my Pop Tart guys, get your heads out of the gutter. Shiny indie rock.
- •Young NunsI live in a Catholic dorm and had never seen a nun under fifty before. They exist. This would be an all-female band who all dress in habits and make slick covers of old gospel songs.
- •Open RobeYou can imagine. Deep South roots rock/country.
- •TBDThe underground of the underground EDM scene.