My top-used spices
I cook. I bake. I procrastinate. Food is always on my mind. Here's my list of spices I use most often in my culinary adventures
- •CuminIn a rub... in a marinade... think fajitas and latin flavors
- •Red chili powder/flakesA little kick for lots of things. Chili peppers on pizza, pasta, eggs, avocado toast
- •CinnamonMostly for baking, but occassionally in my coffee or smoothie
- •PeppercornsNow this one seems obvious- salt and pepper are basic seasonings, but peppercorns added to brine solutions and molasses-y things is FANtastic. (Side note: my husband is so sensitive to "spicy" things, he can't even really handle a turn of the pepper grinder.)
- •Fennel pollenA fairly out-there spice, but one of my favorites for roasted meats. A little sprinkle has notes of anise (licorice) and is a tad sweet.