STUFFED ANIMALS OF MY CHILDHOOD, RANKED
Thanks so much for this fun suggestion @nathanveshecco!
- •First, I have to say that I can't rate my stuffed animals in terms of superiority because I'm indecisive and it'd sort of be like rating children, so this is just a non-heirarchical list of some stuffed animals that mean a lot to me 😊
- •ScrappyI loved Scooby-Doo when I was younger and I especially enjoyed obscure characters, like Scrappy. I've had this little guy for years and dragged him on vacations all the time throughout my childhood. He'll always have a special place in my heart!
- •Toilet Paper BearI got this adorable and soft teddy bear with toilet paper a long time ago and immediately fell in love with it! It's a classic. 🚽🐻💖 (I am holding it in this photo, it does not usually sit beside the toilet paper)
- •Dream PetsI've always loved Mid-century modern collectibles, and though my parents prefer 18th century pieces, they had quite an assortment of old stuffed animals called, "Dream Pets". They're absolutely adorable and I love every one of them. Here are two that are right outside my bedroom.
- •Froggy 1 (I have many 'Froggys')From when I was very young. Emits a harsh honk sound that makes me nostalgic for toddlerhood.
- •Husky aka DynamiteCrazy story with this guy. Years ago, I put an expensive bracelet of my mother's around his neck as a necklace. We were on a car trip on family vacation and stopped at this dingy restaurant. The place had some ok décor but was tiny and totally empty. We ate pasta there. My brother was sick and tried to swallow an adult pill, but chewed it and vomited. Meanwhile the only member of the waitstaff was fired as this all took place. This chaos led me to forget Husky at the restaurant! 🐶😢
- •ContinuedI only realized this 20 mins after leaving. We drove back just after the restaurant closed. Husky was in the window with my mom's bracelet, but the door was locked. My dad remembered the owner had a black truck (the only car there when we ate), so we searched driveways for it and found it at a grocery store. He went in, found the guy, and convinced him to open the restaurant for us. We grabbed Husky and the bracelet and from then on I didn't put jewelry on my stuffed animals.
- •More froggies 🐸Looking back on it, I guess I really liked frogs
- •DogRatI got this at the cutest Japanese store in New York so long ago. It's filled with little beads that make it feel like the softest and most wonderful thing to exist. It has a special spot on my bedside table
- •Tiger!One of my only Webkinz. Love this little guy and I used to bring him everywhere.
- •Beary and FishyTwo of my oldest stuffed animals. Beary is pretty covered in stains, which is gross but somewhat endearing.
- •So many more!!Both of my parents are antique collectors so I was inbred into the mentality! It's excessive, but I love every one. This list filled me with sentimentality and it was a lot of fun to revisit my old stuffed animal pals! Thanks for reading 🐯🐱🐸🐶💖