FIRST DATES I WISH SOMEONE WOULD ASK ME ON
"Let's get drinks" is the most boring thing to hear when someone asks you out.
- •Grand Central Market in downtown Los AngelesThere are 30-something food vendors here. Let's go and order one item from as many as we can.
- •High school football gameJohn Burroughs High School in Burbank is ideal for this (I look best in red and white). Bring a sack lunch of sandwiches and those Sofia Coppola juice box size champagnes. Tell me you can't tell that I am a decade older than the students attending the game and I'll let you feel one (1) boob - the left one is slightly superior - underneath the bleachers.
- •Run my errands with meThis might be controversial. I recognize that it sounds dull. But! I am really, really busy. I travel constantly & am always behind on errands. I need to get wine for a dinner party/visit the fish monger/get my oil changed/drop my overdue books off at the library. I always look forward to the first errands I run with a potential boyfriend because if they can make me laugh then, they can make me laugh anytime. This goes both ways. Need a new suit or bath mat? I'd love for you to take my advice.
- •A long walkI'd die of excitement if someone told me they wanted to go on a long walk. Bring me a tea (Earl Grey) or a flask (bourbon) and let's walk around the Silver Lake Reservoir twice, pet the dogs at the dog park, and laugh at the man doing squats on the park bench.
- •Amateur Boxing MatchI realize this is very specific to me, but if you know me even a little bit you know I love boxing.
- •Bonus! Fellas/Ladies choice: Show me your freewheelin' intellectWhat are you good at? Teach me something I can't learn on the Internet, and I'm yours.
- •Ok, fine, we can get drinksBut they better be at the Chili's in Encino.